Monday 15 August 2016

I have news about Gypsy.  She has been withdrawn due to her owner becoming ill and unable to keep her.  This caused Gypsy some stress and the team decided it wouldn't be fair to train her with a new owner.

The good news is that Gypsy's trainer fell for her and she's now living with her as her forever dog.  She's sent me some lovely photos.

She said "Gypsy is now no longer the property of guide dogs and is now a fully fledged member of the family. She definitely has her little paws under the table now and is loving a pets life. My mum adores her and spoils her rotten, she loves Leggy my old Swiss Shep and has great fun when I bring other guide dogs home (she's still bossy). I've attached some pics, she really likes my nan (87yrs) and the sofa he he and she has a ball too."

It's wonderful to see Gypsy so happy and healthy, but sad she couldn't continue to guide as she was a star at it.

I was offered her first but, very reluctantly and with very mixed feelings said no, as I would have had to stop puppy walking.  When they told me her trainer wanted her I was really pleased.l




No comments:

Post a Comment